Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Home Owner and Fire Departments Save Perkinsville House #vt #housefire


Perkinsville VT
Friday, December 30, 2016

Home owner escapes injury and relatively little damage to her house on Friday following a structure fire at 24 Upper Falls Rd.

Brenda Richardson, owner of Brenda Lee's Barber Shop on Upper Falls Rd in Perkinsville was in her house watching TV late Friday afternoon. Jim MacNutt, a neighbor from up the road, was driving by and noticed smoke at the corner of the house. "I was returning home from running errands and I saw smoke and flames at the corner of the house. I hollered for Brenda. I called 911, she shut off the power and doused the flames with a garden hose."

Fire companies from West Weathersfield, Ascutney, Reading, Rockingham, Springfield, Cavendish, Claremont, Proctorsville, West Windsor and Windsor responded to the two alarm fire at approximately 3 p.m..



According to West Weathersfield Fire Chief Josh Dauphin the cause of the fire was the heat tape that the home owner turned on the previous night to melt snow along the roof line. "The service wire is damaged and will need to be replaced, it's pretty charred. Green Mountain will restore power to the house once that service wire is replaced."
After the responding fire companies chiefs cleared the scene, Chief Dauphin was making phone calls to see if the wire could be replaced as soon as possible as Ms. Richardson was planning to spend the night in the house but would need power for heat and water.

The black charring on the house was from a previous barn fire many years ago.

Nancy Nutile-McMenemy, photographs

More images from the scene: Click here

Structure Fire, Upper Falls RD
Weathersfield, VT December 30, 2016
Copyright ©2016 Nancy Nutile-McMenemy
www.photosbynanci.com
For The Vermont Standard: http://www.thevermontstandard.com/
Image Galleries http://photosbynanci.smugmug.com/VermontStandard/Galleries

Visit Photos By Nanci using a Q reader app!