Chasing the Winter Blues with Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes

A weekend of dancing and rocking...

In this "SPRING" where winter doesn't want to quit, I needed a serious party weekend. What better band to put me in a happy, dancing mood than Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes. I've been a fan and follower since 1980 and as long as Southside is touring, I'll be attending.



Both Friday and Saturday the band played for about two hours with no opening act. 

Friday night, as an April snow storm was winding down, we drove to Rutland, Vt. to The Paramount Theatre to see the band from the front row. I left the NIKON at home but brought along my point and shoot.





More photos from the show: CLICK HERE


Setlist by Carol Gerber

4/6/2018
The Paramount Theatre
Rutland, VT

Next to You
Forever
I Played the Fool
Love on the Wrong Side of town
Broke Down Piece of Man/Soul Man
Tipitina/Umbrella in My Drink
Walk Away Renée
Harder Than It Looks
All the Way Home
Talk to Me
Help Me
Happy
Hearts of Stone
Lucille (chorus) https://youtu.be/5O1E7ufqMy0
Better Days
This Time It’s for Real
Trapped Again
The Fever
When Rita Leaves
I Don’t Want to Go Home
Better Way Home


On Saturday, the JUKES rolled into Lebanon, NH for a show at the Lebanon Opera House.  For this show I did have my NIKON and again, front row seats.






More photos: CLICK HERE


Setlist by Carol Gerber


Forever
Take It Inside
All I Can Do
Passion Street
Ride the Night Away
Love on the Wrong Side of Town
Don’t Stop Believing (sung by Tom Seguso)
Walk Away Renée
Key to the Highway
Talk to Me
Words Fail Me
Trapped Again
Big Boss Man (sung by Glenn Alexander)
Without Love
Spinning
See-Saw (sung by Jeff Kazee) https://youtu.be/HqBnglWEMVY
Chain of Fools
The Fever
It’s Been a Long Time
Heart of Saturday Night
I Don’t Want to Go Home/Cupid

Encore:
Working Hard


Band Lineup:

Southside Johnny, vocals and harmonica
Jeff Kazee, keyboards and percussion
John Conte, bass
Glenn Alexander, guitar
Tom Seguso, drums
John Isley, tenor sax and baritone sax
Chris Anderson, trumpet, flugelhorn and percussion
Neal Pawley, trombone and percussion

I have a few videos if you'd like to see just how cool this band is...


Always great seeing the JUKES. To some they mean Jersey Shore, summer music, hanging "Under the Boardwalk" but to me they mean I'm gonna be "Havin' A Party!"

And

Blog Archive

Show more