Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Chimney Fire in West Windsor #WestWindsorVT #VT #ChimneyFire

February 17, 2015
West Windsor, VT

No one was injured in an early morning chimney fire on Rush Meadow RD in West Windsor. Home owners Allen and Marge Franklin could smell smoke coming from their basement. Mr. Franklin went outside and noticed smoke coming out from around the chimney and immediately called the fire in. "Once I saw the smoke coming out from around the chimney base I knew we had a problem" said Franklin. He called it in around 8:30 a.m. and left the building.
Four area fire departments responded to call West Windsor, Reading, West Weathersfield and Windsor. West Windsor Chief Mike Spackman believes the fire was caused by a blocked tile lined chimney.


Rush Meadow RD Chimney Fire
West Windsor, VT February 17, 2015
Copyright ©2015 Nancy Nutile-McMenemy
www.photosbynanci.com
For The Vermont Standard: http://www.thevermontstandard.com/
Image Galleries http://photosbynanci.smugmug.com/VermontStandard/Galleries