Fire At Former Ascutney Mountain Resort Base Lodge #VT #WestWindsorVT

Vermont Standard Staff Report
Firefighters are battling a blaze and subzero temperatures Thursday at the former base lodge on Ascutney Mountain.
The building is fully engulfed and firefighters are struggling to keep up with the blaze as water lines continue to freeze in wind chills that have dropped to minus-20 degrees. The first call for the fire came around 5:30 a.m. Thursday morning.
Windsor, Reading, Hartland, West Windsor and Ascutney firefighters are at the scene.
The base lodge hasn’t been in use since the resort closed in 2010.
(Nancy Nutile-McMenemy Photo)
Fire at Ascutney Mountain Base Lodge
West Windsor VT January 8, 2015
Copyright ©2015 Nancy Nutile-McMenemy

I don't know how these fire fighters do it. I was only there for 30 minutes; I had on four layers and was still cold. My camera and phone batteries kept freezing up so I had to open my jacket and hold them against my chest to warm up just to get them to work! I've been home for over hour and I'm still cold!!

Blog Archive

Show more